A new survey from Responsys Research shows that 61% of U.S. consumers feel more positive about a brand when marketing messages are personalized. Responsys, a marketing cloud software and services leader, recently released the findings, which also indicate that consumers are more likely to purchase from brands that personalize their digital communications.
Here’s a look at some of the key findings:
- Nearly half (44 percent) of consumers are less responsive to non-personalized, or “mass-marketing” messages.
- Nearly two thirds (64 percent) of consumers see personalization as a sign that the brand values its customers.
- One half feel respected, understood by and have a sense of loyalty and connection to brands that personalize digital communications.
- More than half of consumers (53 percent) are more likely to purchase from a brand when messages are personalized.
- 65 percent of younger consumers between the ages of 18 and 34 are more likely to purchase from brands that personalize the content delivered to them.
- Of the two thirds of consumers who engage with brands using multiple channels, most (67 percent) say it is important for brands to personalize email communications, followed by social media (44 percent), SMS (40 percent) and web display ads (36 percent).
The survey results emphasize the need for marketers to develop and deliver individual consumer experiences. In this age of relationship marketing, marketers can no longer treat consumers in the same way. Crafting campaigns that focus on individual preferences is imperative to connecting with customers and driving sales.